What is Geography?
Geography is concerned with the study of real places, the human and physical processes that shape them and the people who live in them. It can inspire pupils to think about their own place in the world, their values and responsibilities to other people and the environment.
1. To stimulate the interest of pupils in their surroundings and in the variety of physical and human conditions on the earth.
2. To foster a sense of wonder at the beauty of the world around them as part of God’s creation.
3. To learn about the wider world, and the interdependence of communities within it.
4. To enhance their sense of responsibility for the care of the earth and its people.
5. To celebrate the variety and values of other cultures, beliefs and attitudes.